top of page
Mayday girls.jpg


Welcome! Whether you are thinking about, just began, or have been homeschooling for some time now. We hope you find these homeschooling resources helpful for you and your family.

Here Are two ways to homeschool:

1. Enroll your child in an online charter school.

2. Register your home as a private school through a Private School Affidavit. 

Homeschooling Information:

  • You will not need to notify your school district of your intentions to homeschool unless your child is currently enrolled in a public or private school (classroom-based or online).

  • If your child is currently enrolled in a public school, notify your school’s office staff that you intend to un-enroll your child from the school and inform them of your educational intentions for your child.

  • You should always keep records of your child’s attendance and academic progress regardless of the method you choose for homeschooling.

Option 1: Enroll your child in an online charter school

Advantages to choosing to enroll in an online charter school:

  • Your child will be eligible for special education support if needed.

  •  You may get an allowance for extra-curricular activities.

Disadvantages to enrolling in both Head, Heart, and Hands and an online charter school:

  • The time commitment for an online program could interfere with our schedule or overwhelm your child.

  • Your child’s learning style may not be compatible with the traditional education of an online program even if it is more flexible than classroom-based curriculum.

Receive Funding

Head, Heart, and Hands accepts charter school funds for payment of our classes. You must be enrolled in one of our partnered charters to use online charter funds for our program. Please note that Head, Heart, and Hands’ programming and all classes are non-religious.

Option 2: Register your home as a private school through a PSA

Parents of children ages 6 years and older choosing to homeschool without an online charter, will need to fill out a Private School Affidavit (PSA) between October 1st and 15th of the year of enrollment through

PSA Information:

  • Each household must register as a private school.

  • You do not need to file a PSA if your child is 5 or younger on September 1st of the year of enrollment.

bottom of page